Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!!!

With Halloween being today, I thought this would be a perfect time to post about all the spooky and fun Halloween lessons' that have been happening in my wonderful classroom (it is so weird to say MY classroom!!!) 

The students made spiders that worked on word families! They were able to pick which ever word family they wanted like /th/, /bl/, /ch/,etc. The students thought this was fun and it made the PERFECT bulletin board!!!! 



I thought it would be fun for the students to make pumpkins and write a little blurb about who their pumpkin was! They has SO much fun making these! And the stories that they came up with were hilarious! One of my favorites was the pumpkin wearing a sombrero who worked at Taco Tuesday and really liked tacos. The stories had a lot of fun and wrote fantastic sentences! I was very impressed with their writing. 



I also found out that I am going to be video tapped by the principle for the DSO (District Superintendents Office)! I am so excited to be able to do this! I have been working closely with the occupational therapist and she told me about a program called S.M.A.R.T. In this program, the students use physical movement while learning basic concepts like counting money or spelling different words. It is so much fun to see the kids enjoying activities like the mini trampoline and the cross laterals! 



  I am off to a Halloween party tonight with some of the other teachers!!! 
HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!! 

 I had so much fun at the Mendoza's house! Lynnie, her family and the Mendoza's really make me feel so lucky to be here and to have made such wonderful friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment