Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Justine&Germany

This past weekend was one of my favorite weekends of the trip so far! 
Friday was a German holiday...Unification Day! This is the day when the wall came and Germany, well unified. The students had a half day for a teacher work day so I was able to get some work done and do this bulletin board for inside the classroom! 


After school I got right on the train to Frankfurt to see Justine!!!! Her parents moved here in May so I was so excited to see her! Her parents made a wonderful dinner and invited their neighbors over. I tried a new fruit. It kinda looks like a tomato, but its orange. It was super tasty! After dinner, Justine and I caught up and prepared for the weekend! 




On Saturday, we went to her dad's colleagues birthday party. It was interesting to see the different foods served, the birthday traditions and of course the language. Justine, her parents and I then went to Mainz. This city was so neat! We went shopping, walked around and saw the cathedral there. A German man even gave us a penny souvenir with the cathedral flattened onto it. We ate dinner at a restaurant that used to be a church! It had amazing food and we had beers with Sprite mixed into it...something Justine said she is bringing back to the good ole U.S of A. We drove on home, hopped into bed and were excited for our day in Heidelberg!!!!

Heidelberg was BEA-UT-I-FUL! 


The city, castle, food and especially the company was perfect. We walked around to see the city and went onto Old bridge! We walked across it and then went up into the castle. The castle was so cool- I absolutely LOVED it! The pictures do not do it justice! 


















There was a marathon also in Heidelberg that day so we went and cheered on the runners and got a spectacular view of the city! 











I am so lucky to have people like Justine and her family in my life! Justine is my traveling partner for life...Vegas, Germany, where to next?! 







Next Stop...AMSTERDAM!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment