Bad Dürkheim, Bad Dürkheim, Bad Dürkheim....this was one of my favorite days!
What's not to love? Wine, friends, wine, ferris wheels, wine, german food, and did I mention WINE!
Riesling was my drink of choice for most of the day. Here in Germany there's a drink called a schorle which is bubbly water and wine. Kristen and I drank some of these to stay hydrated and be able to stay longer.

I went on the ferris wheel and got an amazing view of the fest! This was only a little over half of the festival!! I could not believe how many wine tents and people were there! Babies, children, adults and grandparents were all in attendance! It was like a carnival plus wine! :)
We decided to leave around 11 which was kind of early, but luckily we did because we went about a hour north on a train instead of west...oops! We figured it out and took a long nap on the train!
Kristen and I made some new friends and I can't wait to have a girls night with Shaunae and her adorable puppy Roo!!!! 

They say that Bad Dürkheim is the Oktoberfest of wine! If this is just a preview of next weekend in Munich, I cannot wait!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment