A weekend in Dublin was just what we needed. After a day of school, we grabbed our bags and headed to the train station. After getting a ticket to a cancelled train, watching the doors shut on another one, finally catching a train and hustling to catch the plane, we made it!!! We hopped on the plane with so much excitement!
Staying in a hostel was nothing like I expected. It was very strange sleeping in a room with 6 other people who barely spoke English, but it was an adventure. Kristen and I slept across the room from each other...luckily I was on the bottom bunk!
DAY 1:
We were able to join a free walking tour from our hostel that showed us a bunch of different places to go in Dublin that I may have not seen otherwise. We saw the Dublin castle, a couple cathedrals, Trinity College, Temple bar and few different parks.
A lot of castle was rebuilt when the British took over. During our tour, the tour guide explained that this tower is the only part of the original castle still standing. The rest of the castles looks like British architecture. This tower held prisoners.
This is the garden outside the castle. Written in grass it says WELCOME in Celtic.
Dublin Cathedral!
Trinity College. I could not imagine going to a college where there were just as many, if not more tourists, walking around as there was students!
And one of my favorite parts, you guessed it, SHOPPING! Grafton Street has to be one the most fun and entertaining shopping streets in the word! There's not only high end shops, but street performers who beat-boxed, little girls Irish dancing and even the occasional statue person.
DAY 2:
We woke up and went straight to the Guinness Storehouse! The storehouse was 5 floors and each floor contained something different like the ingredients, the commercials, the barrel making process and the best floor was the top with the 360 degree view of the city! The most beautiful view ever!
All the barrels at the Guinness storehouse!
We were able to actually sit and be "in" a Guinness commercial!
We then went to a jail and of course did some more shopping! I bought the cutest wool blanket and I can't wait to just snuggle all up in it!! This was a trip I will never forget!!


No comments:
Post a Comment