Welcome to Kaiserslautern Elementary School! I LOVE IT!
I could not have asked for a better mentor teacher! Sally has really allowed me to jump right into teaching the students and coming up with different ideas to use during reading and math. It has been somewhat stressful figuring out a schedule that works for all students during a thousand different schedules for the school day.
| Our bean table! |
![]() |
| Reading Area! |
| Teacher desk and other tables! |
During our first week, I had the students do a coat of arms to get to know them. I did one as well; in the first box the students put the school they go to, the second the students wrote who they live with, the third was their favorite animal, the fourth what they want to be when they grow up, the fifth what their favorite school subject was and lastly their favorite shape! When the students finished their coat of arms, I made a bulletin board! My first completely on my own!!!! I went off of the popcorn theme and did a movie type theme!
Special education is already full of acronyms: IEP, LI, CI, EI, FAPE, LRE and the list could go on and on. Now I have to add on military acronyms; PCS (permanent change of station), DoDEA (department of defense education association) and the list goes on. I think that I have done well so far getting to know all of them! I have already learned and experienced so much in just these short 3 weeks!
Mittel Mosel:
This weekend Kristen and I went to a wine fest with the middle school counselor, Whitney, and her friend Kristen! They were so nice and sweet! The town could NOT have been any cuter!
We watched a parade that went on for over 2 hours and they gave free wine out during the parade!
How cool is this!?






Great job Steph! Great to see you contributing right away while sharpening your growing teaching skills! Thanks for choosing children of US servicemen/women to support during this critical time in your career. Very proud of your efforts!
ReplyDelete